Backend Developer (Remote)
Are you an ambitious developer ready to change the world of e-commerce?
Look no further - this is a rare opportunity to work in one of the biggest fintech companies in the Baltics and change the way people shop. We are building something truly awesome and this is just the beginning.
Do you consider yourself a hustler who just gets s#!t done?
We expect you to push for innovative ideas and not wait for anyone to babysit you. You will work on projects that have a large impact on the whole company in a healthy, collaborative environment. We understand how critical your superpowers are, and don’t believe in making our developers work on useless tasks.
Our focus is always on quality and building a proper system instead of rushing new developments and later fixing the accumulated overhead. We adhere to a principled style of coding and TDD is always at the forefront.
If so, consider applying for the position of Backend Developer to join our product team. You will be part of a product team that works in an agile way to produce and maintain new high-quality features. By working closely with the product team as well as other departments, you will have a hands-on role in shaping the future of payments.
• 2+ years of experience with a backend framework
• Laravel (PHP) is a bonus
• Experience with SQL
• Ability and willingness to learn new skills and technologies
• Very good written English
We expect you to
• Work in a small and agile team that focuses on quickly launching products
• Build new and refactor existing business logic in backend applications, using Test-Driven Development
• Work with complex SQL queries and building data structures
• Collaborate with designers, engineers, and project managers to deploy the best product
• A friendly, but driven work environment
• Ability to work remotely with a flexible schedule (we don’t care where you get things done, what matters is that you do get things done) and the opportunity of relocation to Tallinn or Tartu
• An opportunity to experience the excitement and challenges of a fast-growing fintech company
• The chance to make a big impact with your coding
• Competitive compensation and attractive business trips
• Professional grade IT equipment
• Ability to work on new projects with no legacy code
• Company-wide gatherings annually and team events on a regular basis.